WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Enjoy the beautiful summer weather in Westchester County at any of these great outdoor events.
1. The Great Hudson River Revival (Clearwater Festival) on Saturday and Sunday, June 21-22 in Croton-On-Hudson
The first festival since the passing of its founders, musician and activist Pete Seeger and his wife Toshi, Clearwater 2014 will be a special celebration of the Seeger’s and their legacy. Come see many of Clearwater's friends, old and new, who will perform special musical tributes during the event. $70. Free for kids under 12. 1A Croton Point Avenue.
2. Buildings and Berries: A Walking Tour of Historic Yonkers on Saturday, June 21 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Take a walking tour with local historian Bob Piwinkski and learn the history behind the hilly city's most famous landmarks, followed by delicious berry desserts. This “friendraiser” is $25, and $20 for seniors. Space is limited, and registration is available online. 2 Bashford Street.
3. Holy Rosary Annual Bazaar in Hawthorne from Wednesday to Saturday, June 18-21 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Eat delicious food, enjoy rides, plays games and more at this annual fair. $25. 170 Bradhurst Avenue.
4. Hartsdale Pet Cemetery’s War Dog Memorial Celebration and Pet Adoption Fair on Sunday, June 22 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Newspaper columnist Phil Reisman will be the keynote speaker at the 25th annual War Dog Memorial Celebration at the Hartsdale Pet Cemetery. In addition, volunteers from the Shelter Pet Alliance will conduct a Pet Adoption from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. .The event is open to the general public and admission is free. 75 North Central Park Avenue.
5. Free Kids Tennis Clinic on Wednesday, June 25 in Larchmont from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Grab a racket and head out to Flint Park for a free tennis clinic. For children ages six to 11 . Bring your own tennis racket. No rain date.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments below.
- 1 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film
- 2 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop
- 3 Greenburgh Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Greenburgh Gas Station Robbery Resembles Other Area Heists
- 5 Magazine Names Elmsford Schools 'District Of Distinction'