GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh residents will have the chance to meet the author behind the true story of crime, murder and secrets that is now a star-studded movie.
Paul Lieberman, author and screenwriter of "Gangster Squad," will speak at the Greenburgh Public Library Tuesday night about his seven-part series in The Los Angeles Times that chronicled real mob crimes.
Lieberman spent years tracking down surviving members of the police unit and conducted more than 300 interviews to finish his book version of "Gangster Squad," which is set in the 1950s.
The movie, which was released in theaters on Jan. 11 and is based on the book, stars Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn and Emma Stone.
Lieberman, a Westchester resident, will be at the library from 7 to 8 p.m. for a presentation and a book signing. There is no registration required for the event.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Dobbs Ferry Actor/Director, 51, Charged With Possession Of Child Porn
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk