GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh residents will have the chance to meet the author behind the true story of crime, murder and secrets that is now a star-studded movie.
Paul Lieberman, author and screenwriter of "Gangster Squad," will speak at the Greenburgh Public Library Tuesday night about his seven-part series in The Los Angeles Times that chronicled real mob crimes.
Lieberman spent years tracking down surviving members of the police unit and conducted more than 300 interviews to finish his book version of "Gangster Squad," which is set in the 1950s.
The movie, which was released in theaters on Jan. 11 and is based on the book, stars Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn and Emma Stone.
Lieberman, a Westchester resident, will be at the library from 7 to 8 p.m. for a presentation and a book signing. There is no registration required for the event.
- 1 Woodlands High School Boys Basketball Team Makes History As State Finalists
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 4 Greenburgh Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired Near Local Residence
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk