GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh officials are inviting town residents to join them Sunday at a ceremony remembering the nation's veterans.
Alan Hochberg, assistant to the town supervisor, said a dozen or so local veterans plan to attend.
"These men and women have sacrificed so much for what we call our democracy and our liberty," Hochberg said. "It's a matter of respect to show them that regular men and women care about the efforts and sacrifices that they made."
Greenburgh's ceremony will take place at 1 p.m. at DeSanti Plaza outside the Hartsdale train station.
The town began hosting the annual event in 2009. Town Supervisor Paul Feiner said he hopes people will continue the tradition by attending on Sunday.
Additional Veterans Day reminders:
- All Greenburgh schools, including Greenburgh Central 7, Edgemont, Elmsford, Maria Regina and Solomon Schechter, will be closed Monday.
- Greenburgh Town Hall and Elmsford Village Hall are closed Monday.
- There will be no sanitation pickup Monday. Collection will resume on a normal schedule Tuesday.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 2 Lockdown Lifted At Woodlands School After Anonymous Threat
- 3 Elmsford Man Killed On Saw Mill Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 4 IRS Warns Greenburgh Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Saw Mill Parkway Accident In Dobbs Ferry