GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh residents are invited to come out to the Richard J. Bailey School on Christmas morning to sing carols to support the families of Newtown, Conn.
The Greenburgh chapter of Fathers and Children Together, F.A.C.T., an organization dedicated to fathers spending time with their children, will host the gathering, which begins at 11 a.m. on the front lawn of the Richard J. Bailey School, 33 Hillside Ave.
The caroling will last an hour and include a moment of silence for the victims of the shooting, said James Robinson, co-founder and president of Greenburgh F.A.C.T.
"Our organization carols at different places every year, but we decided to do something special this year," said Robinson. "We decided to host this event to support the families of the Newtown school shooting because members of our community wanted to know what they could do to help. We're hoping that it will show our kids how to give back, especially after such a tragic event."
Two members of the clergy will speak at the event, and balloons will be given out to 26 children and adults to represent those killed at the Newtown school.
For additional information, call Robinson at 914-715-3517.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Ardsley Police Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Police Locate Missing Westchester Man, 53
- 5 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies