GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh residents are invited to come out to the Richard J. Bailey School on Christmas morning to sing carols to support the families of Newtown, Conn.
The Greenburgh chapter of Fathers and Children Together, F.A.C.T., an organization dedicated to fathers spending time with their children, will host the gathering, which begins at 11 a.m. on the front lawn of the Richard J. Bailey School, 33 Hillside Ave.
The caroling will last an hour and include a moment of silence for the victims of the shooting, said James Robinson, co-founder and president of Greenburgh F.A.C.T.
"Our organization carols at different places every year, but we decided to do something special this year," said Robinson. "We decided to host this event to support the families of the Newtown school shooting because members of our community wanted to know what they could do to help. We're hoping that it will show our kids how to give back, especially after such a tragic event."
Two members of the clergy will speak at the event, and balloons will be given out to 26 children and adults to represent those killed at the Newtown school.
For additional information, call Robinson at 914-715-3517.
- 1 Unexpected Fireworks Prompt Greenburgh Residents To Fear Attack
- 2 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Special Delivery Outside Elmsford Restaurant: A Baby Boy
- 5 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents