GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The Town of Greenburgh is ready to host the annual Spooktoberfest on Oct. 19.
The Department of Parks and Recreation announced recently that the family event would begin at 1 p.m., Oct. 19, at the Hart's Brook Park Preserve on Ridge Road in Hartsdale, according to a news release.
"This is a family-oriented event where children can get their face professionally painted, climb on the inflatable slide and obstacle course, take a hay ride through the woods, and be entertained by musicians, clowns, jugglers, and new for 2013…Pirate School - America’s family-friendly pirate show," representatives said in the release.
Tickets for Spooktoberfest are $5 per person and children under 2 years old are admitted free.
"Children will also have the opportunity to make their own Halloween craft and visit with animals from the Greenburgh Nature Center," representatives said in the release.
The entertainment schedule, according to the release, is listed below:
- Peter Malfa, DJ: 1-4 p,m.
- Confetti Clowns: 1:15 -1:45 p.m.
- Pirate School: 2-3 p.m.
- Jennie Berkson, Musical Entertainer: 2-2:30 p.m.
- Ned Gelfars, the Comedy Juggler 3:30-4 p.m.
All parking for the event will be at Ridge Road Park, across from the Hart’s Brook Park and Preserve.
Directions are available on the town’s website. For more information, call PJ Murphy at 693-8985, ext. 116.
- 1 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 2 Better Safe Than Sorry? Many Hidden 'Costs' To Preparing For Storm
- 3 Edgemont, Scarsdale High Schools Rank In Top 10 Among New York's Best
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Greenburgh
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell