SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center is hosting a special workshop on May 20 on how to choose a health-care surrogate.
"Choosing Your Health-care Surrogate - What You Need to Know," will start at 10 a.m. at the hospital auditorium in Sleepy Hollow. Registration is required.
"Your health-care surrogate is the person you name to make medical decisions and to speak for you if you are unable to do so for yourself," representatives said in a press release.
Sherrie Dulworth, a registered nurse and a health-care consultant and freelance writer, will lead the session. Dulworth is a former Intensive Care Unit nurse who has written about end-of-life topics and other public health issues.
"She can also speak from personal experience, as she was a health-care surrogate for a close friend for the last nine years of his life," representatives said.
For more information or to register for the event, call 914-366-3937.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Greenburgh Crash ID'd
- 2 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute
- 3 State Police Warn Greenburgh Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenburgh Overnight