GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Here are our highlights of town events and community activities in and around Greenburgh this week. For more Greenburgh happenings, visit our Events page.
Monday, Dec. 10
Southern Westchester BOCES on Common Core Learning: 7 p.m. Parents are invited to attend a Southern Westchester BOCES event that will introduce them to a nationally implemented schools initiative. The presentation will focus on the role of parents in supporting the core curriculum and show lessons that schools are reviewing to support the initiative, called the Common Core and Essential Standards Curriculum. Alexander Hamilton Auditorium, 98 S. Goodwin Ave., Elmsford.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
Play 60 Challenge Kickoff: 6 p.m. Super Bowl champion and former New York Jets tight end Fred Baxter will speak at Play 600, an NFL campaign that encourages children to be active for 60 minutes every day to help reverse the trend of childhood obesity. Woodlands Middle School gym, 475 W. Hartsdale Ave., Hartsdale.
Sacred Circle Dance — Celebrate the Solstice: 7 p.m. Celebrate the upcoming winter solstice with the art of circle dancing, an ancient cultural tradition for marking special occasions and strengthening the community. Jean Ando will lead the event with simple dance routines. No dance experience or special clothes required. Greenburgh Nature Center, 99 Dromore Road, Greenburgh.
- 1 Dobbs Ferry Actor/Director, 51, Charged With Possession Of Child Porn
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 5 White Plains Police Investigating Assault That Left Man Unconscious