GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Here are highlights of some of the things to do in and around Greenburgh this week. For more listings, see our Events page.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
Meditation ‒ A New Year's Resolution Worth Keeping: 7 p.m. Jim Rose will connect meditation and spiritual development to important aspects of life. Rose has been practicing meditation for 24 years and provides workshops and training to groups throughout the world. Greenburgh Public Library, 300 Tarrytown Road, Elmsford.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
Highlights from the 2012 Bioneers Conference: 7:30 p.m. Nikki Coddington will share conference highlights and discuss possibilities for applying some of its ideas locally. The conference included scientific and social innovators who demonstrated practical models for restoring community environments. Greenburgh Nature Center, 99 Dromore Road, Edgemont.
Friday, Jan. 11
The Queen Extravaganza: 8 p.m. The touring show brings the music and live performance experience of the rock band Queen to Tarrytown. Produced and directed by Queen drummer Roger Taylor, the show will offer nearly 40 Queen classics and highlight the band's finest rock-based anthems. Tarrytown Music Hall, 13 Main St., Tarrytown.
- 1 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 2 Better Safe Than Sorry? Many Hidden 'Costs' To Preparing For Storm
- 3 Edgemont, Scarsdale High Schools Rank In Top 10 Among New York's Best
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Greenburgh
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell