GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Do you have a lot of family visiting for Thanksgiving? Here's a list of events around Greenburgh to help keep everyone entertained. For more happenings in Greenburgh, see our Events page.
Thanksgiving at Sunnyside: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The three-day long event kicks off Friday. Take a tour through the decorated Sunnyside, Washington Irving's riverside home, and learn about the town's historic traditions. There will be workshops and activities available for children. 9 West Sunnyside Lane, Irvington.
Book Signing and Cooking Demo with Rinku Bhattacharya: 11 a.m. Delight your senses as you learn more about Indian culture and cuisine from the author of "The Bengali Five Spice Chronicles" and blogger for "Cooking in Westchester." Copies of Bhattacharya's book will also be available for purchase. Greenburgh Public Library. 300 Tarrytown Road, Elmsford.
Meet the Animals: 11 a.m. Bring your family to an informative and fun program that allows you to get up-close and hands-on with all types of animals, birds and reptiles. The event costs $5 for members, $8 for nonmembers and $25 for the whole family. Greenburgh Nature Center. 99 Dromore Road, Scarsdale.
- 1 'Today' Show Interview With Ellen Brody's Daughters Postponed Until Tuesday
- 2 Daughters Defend Edgemont Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash
- 3 Hastings Man Charged With Kidnapping
- 4 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam