GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Here are the highlights of family activities and community events in and around Greenburgh this weekend. For more town happenings, see our Events page.
American Buffalo: 8 p.m. The Greenville Community Theatre will perform award-winning "American Buffalo," a play about three crooks plotting to rob a coin collection with a valuable buffalo nickel as its showpiece. Families are advised the show will contain adult language and themes. Performances also are set for 2 p.m. Saturday and 8 p.m. Sunday. Edgemont High School. 300 White Oak Lane, Scarsdale.
Ancient Art of Water Marbling: 5 to 7 p.m. Take part in this classic Turkish style of painting. Marbling artist Yasemin Ozsavasci will perform a live demonstration of Ebru water marbling, and all attendants will then have the chance to paint their own masterpieces. Register online through the center's website. Turkish Cultural Center. 133 E. Main St., Suite 101, Elmsford.
Chanukah Fair: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The annual Chanukah fair is returning to Tarrytown. Get holiday shopping done at jewelry, accessories and clothing vendors. Take part in the menorah contest and other arts and crafts activities or grab a bite to eat. Temple Beth Abraham. 25 Leroy Ave., Tarrytown.
- 1 Woodlands High School Boys Basketball Team Makes History As State Finalists
- 2 Greenburgh Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired Near Local Residence
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 5 Elmsford Paramedics, Greenburgh Police Assist Mail Carrier