WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Westchester regional premiere of “Tarzan, The Stage Musical” takes place at the White Plains Performing Arts Center from Friday, Dec. 18, to Sunday, Jan. 10.
The show features music by Grammy and Oscar winner Phil Collins. The story is by Tony Award-winning playwright David Henry Hwang. The musical is intended to remind us of what’s really important, especially at the holidays — the unconditional love of true family, whether biological or chosen. And although we all look different, under the skin we are just the same.
Jeremy Quinn of Yonkers is directing the production with music direction by Stephen Ferri of Harrison and choreography by Lexie Fennell Frare of Nyack.
The cast features Kyle Arzaga of Chappaqua as Young Terk, Melanie Burg of Hartsdale in the Ensemble, Jenna Dallacco of Irvington as Jane and Jesse Goodman of Mahopac as Young Tarzan.
The rest of the cast also features:
- Nicolas Baumgartner (Clayton)
- Korie Lee Blossey (Kerchak)
- Jake Bridges (Snipes)
- Ben Carlson (Male Ensemble)
- Jessica Crilley (Female Ensemble)
- Deanna Giulietti (Female Ensemble)
- Melissa Rose Hirsch (Female Ensemble)
- Darius Jordan Lee (Male Ensemble)
- Steven Liberto (Male Ensemble)
- Toby Miller (Professor Porter)
- Annie Nelson (Female Ensemble)
- Melanie Porras (Female Ensemble)
- Shawn W. Smith (Male Ensemble)
- Jeremy Swift (Male Ensemble)
- Jennifer Theriot (Kala)
- Cartreze Tucker (Terk)
- Max Albert Vivino (Young Tarzan)
- Kyle Wolf (Young Terk)
- Marek Zurowski (Male Ensemble)
- Chris Stevens as Tarzan.
Tarzan, The Stage Musical shows,
- Dec. 18-20 (Friday at 7 p.m.; Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m.; Sunday at 2 p.m.)
- Dec. 26-30 (Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m.; Sunday at 2 p.m., Monday and Tuesday at 7 p.m., Wednesday at 2 p.m.)
- Jan. 2-10 (Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m.; Sunday at 2 p.m.; Friday at 7 p.m.; Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m.; and Sunday at 2 p.m.)
Tickets are $25-$47. A $135 Family Four Pack (two adults and two kids tickets) is available for the 7 p.m. performances on Dec. 18, 19, 26, 28 and 29.
For tickets visit the theater box office Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., online or call 914-328-1600. For group sales, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The arts center is on the third level of City Center off Mamaroneck Avenue and Main Street in downtown White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.