UPDATED Thursday 2:40 p.m.: This event has been canceled due to Friday's storm forecast.
GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Children in kindergarten through fifth grade will bring some special dates to this year's annual Greenburgh Valentine's Day — their parents.
The Parent-Child Valentine's Dance, to be held at 7 p.m. Friday, will give Greenburgh families the opportunity to enjoy a fun evening of dancing, food and plenty of pictures, said Greenburgh Parks and Recreation Supervisor P.J. Murphy.
"There aren't a lot of programs for families and kids in that age group to do things together — and, the kids get to see all their friends from school," Murphy said. "It's a great event."
Along with a D.J. and a snack table, families can get their pictures taken in the lounge area, which will then be sent to them via email as a keepsake, Murphy added.
For those interested in attending, Thursday will be the last day to purchase advanced tickets for $5. Tickets purchased the day of the event will be $10.
All tickets can be purchased and returned to Anthony F. Veteran Park's Multipurpose Center, where the event will take place, 11 Olympic Lane in Ardsley. For more information, contact Murphy at 914-693-8985 ext. 116, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Greenburgh Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Greenburgh Is About To Lose Some Greenery Due To New Home Construction
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenburgh
- 4 Hartsdale Man Charged With Unlawfully Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Academy Holds Graduation For New Fairview, Hartsdale Firefighters