GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Check out some upcoming events at the Greenburgh Public Library:
- Sept. 10: Philosopher's Breakfast Club - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Follow the Great Courses with various professors as we cover the evolution of Western Philosophy from Ancient Times to Modern Times. This learning collaborative group will meet twice a month. Moderated by Martin Egnal with open group participation.
- Sept. 11: The Convivial Book Discussion Group - 7 p.m., A book club where each member has an opportunity to select a book to facilitate in a fun convivial manner. Free and open to the public. Copies of the book available to check out now at the Circulation desk.
- Sept. 12: Research your Ancestry - 10 a.m., Not sure where to start researching your Family Tree? This beginner's workshop will get you started using online library resources. Basic mouse & keyboard experience required to get the most out of this session.
- Sept. 14: Bodhi Meditation & Health Seminar - 2 p.m., Rejuvenation and health are closer than you think! Experience how this unique meditation can help you purify your body, mind, and unleash the healing power within you.
- Sept. 15: The Dixieland Express Jazz Band - 3 p.m., The Dixieland Express Jazz Band specializes in the Dixieland tradition of the early 20th century and will feature the music of Fats Waller, Al Jolson, Eddie Cantor, George Gershwin, Hoagy Carmichael, Ethel Waters, and Bix Beiderbecke. Dixieland Express plays throughout Westchester and is comprised of local musicians.
- Sept. 19: Discover G-mail - 10 a.m., An introduction to the Gmail internet email program will familiarize users with email as a means of personal communication and organization. Users will learn how to write emails to friends, family and colleagues, how to send email attachments (pictures and text files), how to organize and dispose of email, how to create address books, and other special features.
- Sept. 22: Zinkali Trio - 2 p.m., Zinkali Trio, praised for their lyricism, excitement and 'sumptuous sound', will feature music of contemporary composers Adrienne Albert, Gary Schocker, Douglas Townsend, Jan Bach and more.
- Sept. 24: Sarah Bracey White - 7 p.m., The author will discuss and read from her new memoir “Primary Lessons.” The Village Bookstore will have copies available for purchase.
Call (914) 721-8225 for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.