GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Those who have watched with interest, envy or trepidation while thousands of people have taken the Ice Bucket Challenge to support research and assistance to those suffering with ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease will have an opportunity to join in Greenburgh.
Town of Greenburgh employees and residents will be taking the challenge Thursday, Aug. 21 at 1 p.m.
Town Supervisor Paul Feiner invites those who have not yet been challenged be part of a community splash to take place at AF Veteran Park
"You're nominated to participate in the Greenburgh employees/residents group Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS," Feiner said. "Don't get cold feet -- join us for a great cause. Hope to freeze with you to raise awareness and funds for ALS research and a cure."
The ALS Foundation website reported that more than $30 million has been raised in the Ice Bucket Challenge in the last month.
- 1 Elmsford, Greenburgh Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenburgh
- 4 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester