HARTSDALE, N.Y. – Hartsdale resident Dan Ryan's signature eggs benedict dish didn't go over so well with Gordan Ramsay.
“Seriously, did you throw up on that plate?” the host of "Hell's Kitchen" told Ryan on the television show. “Let's go back 45 minutes. What is it supposed to be?”
Ryan, a 27-year-old chef at X20 in Yonkers, is competing in the 11th season of "Hell's Kitchen" on Fox for a job as head chef at the Gordan Ramsay Pub and Grill at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Ryan made it through the season premiere and will compete next Tuesday at 8 p.m. Contestants are put through a “physical challenge involving lobsters, but claws come out when the real team challenge continues in the kitchen,” according to Fox.
Ryan says in Fox's promotional material that waking up every morning on "Hell's Kitchen" was “the best experience.” He turned to cooking as a career after serving in the Army.
“I needed a job when I got out of the military, and it turned out I was good at cooking and have been doing it ever since,” he said. “Being a chef chose me.”
- 1 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film
- 2 Greenburgh Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenburgh