HARTSDALE, N.Y. – Hartsdale resident Dan Ryan's signature eggs benedict dish didn't go over so well with Gordan Ramsay.
“Seriously, did you throw up on that plate?” the host of "Hell's Kitchen" told Ryan on the television show. “Let's go back 45 minutes. What is it supposed to be?”
Ryan, a 27-year-old chef at X20 in Yonkers, is competing in the 11th season of "Hell's Kitchen" on Fox for a job as head chef at the Gordan Ramsay Pub and Grill at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Ryan made it through the season premiere and will compete next Tuesday at 8 p.m. Contestants are put through a “physical challenge involving lobsters, but claws come out when the real team challenge continues in the kitchen,” according to Fox.
Ryan says in Fox's promotional material that waking up every morning on "Hell's Kitchen" was “the best experience.” He turned to cooking as a career after serving in the Army.
“I needed a job when I got out of the military, and it turned out I was good at cooking and have been doing it ever since,” he said. “Being a chef chose me.”
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Ardsley Police Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Police Locate Missing Westchester Man, 53
- 5 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies