GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Greenburgh Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send signed letters to Greenburgh@dailyvoice.com.
To the editor:
Thank you, Greenburgh! I appreciate that you re-elected me as Town Supervisor and promise I will work hard to make Greenburgh an even better place to live.
Congratulations to the other members of the team also re-elected:
- Councilmembers Ken Jones and Kevin Morgan
- Town Clerk Judith Beville
- Town Judges Delores Scott Brathwaite, Arlene Gordon-Oliver and Walter Rivera
The time to celebrate victory is over. There is a lot of work that needs to be done during the next two years. We can't wait to get started!
Some of our goals:
- Making Greenburgh pedestrian-friendly. We’ve added 1.6 miles of sidewalks and we'll continue that initiative, especially near schools.
- Converting the closed Westhelp homeless housing into affordable senior housing.
- Cleaning the contaminants at Frank’s Nursery and finalizing the sale to an assisted living facility.
- The Comprehensive Plan Committee’s hard work is in review with The Town Board, who will adopt a final plan.
- East Hartsdale Avenue needs more parking and we're coming up with a plan, projecting demographic needs 5 to 10 years from now.
- Recommended safety improvements on Jackson Avenue will be implemented.
- We must comply with the tax cap and make government more efficient. We’ve hired a firm to audit Public Works’ operations. Last year the courts were audited; most recommendations were implemented.
- Plans are being finalized to develop a unique partnership with the schools.
- We are concluding our reassessment process of all town properties, the first in 60 years.
- Improvements to parks are planned, including repairs to the indoor pool, a Greenburgh Nature Center Butterfly exhibit and a new Veterans memorial at DeSanti Park among many others.
- Water customers should be able to pay their bills on line.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.