TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A Pelham woman has been named to the Westchester Library System's Board of Trustees, the organization announced Tuesday.
Catherine Draper will serve as the District IX representative covering Bronxville, Eastchester, Pelham and Tuckahoe.
“Ms. Draper’s extensive community engagement and leadership qualities are certain to bring many contributions to the Westchester Library System,” Executive Director Terry Kirchner said. “We are pleased to welcome her to the board and look forward to her unique viewpoint.”
The Board of Trustees has also re-elected President Dave Donelson, of West Harrison, Vice President Naseem Jamali, of Hastings, and Secretary Chris Hansen of Mount Vernon.
The Board of Trustees oversees the Westchester Library System.
Draper served nine years on the Pelham Board of Education and10 years on the Town of Pelham Public Library. Draper is currently the president of the Westchester Children's Association and the Pelham Education Foundation.
Draper is a graduate of Swarthmore College and the University of Pennsylvania Law School. She was named “Person of the Year” by the Pelham Civic Association in 2009.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 5 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI