GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The mother of “Baby Angel,” the infant whose body was found in an Elmsford recycling center, was in court Wednesday, May 28, for a hearing before her trial, according to News 12 Westchester.
Maria Guaman-Guaman, an Ecuadorean immigrant, is accused of strangling the baby boy she gave birth to in November and then dumping his body in a trash can in Spring Valley.
Guaman-Guaman’s lawyer says says he'll introduce a psychiatric defense for her.
Guaman-Guaman will undergo psychiatric exams before her June 11 court date.
- 1 Greenburgh Police Officer Credited With Saving Woman’s Life
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Woman Charged In Hartsdale Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 5 Greenburgh Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure