GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The mother of “Baby Angel,” the infant whose body was found in an Elmsford recycling center, was in court Wednesday, May 28, for a hearing before her trial, according to News 12 Westchester.
Maria Guaman-Guaman, an Ecuadorean immigrant, is accused of strangling the baby boy she gave birth to in November and then dumping his body in a trash can in Spring Valley.
Guaman-Guaman’s lawyer says says he'll introduce a psychiatric defense for her.
Guaman-Guaman will undergo psychiatric exams before her June 11 court date.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Elmsford, Greenburgh Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenburgh
- 4 Former Ardsley Student Zuckerberg Among Billionaires Who Gained Most
- 5 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys