GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The mother of “Baby Angel,” the infant whose body was found in an Elmsford recycling center, was in court Wednesday, May 28, for a hearing before her trial, according to News 12 Westchester.
Maria Guaman-Guaman, an Ecuadorean immigrant, is accused of strangling the baby boy she gave birth to in November and then dumping his body in a trash can in Spring Valley.
Guaman-Guaman’s lawyer says says he'll introduce a psychiatric defense for her.
Guaman-Guaman will undergo psychiatric exams before her June 11 court date.
- 1 Unexpected Fireworks Prompt Greenburgh Residents To Fear Attack
- 2 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Special Delivery Outside Elmsford Restaurant: A Baby Boy
- 5 A Small Village Parade Is A Big Hit Within Town Of Greenburgh