GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The mother of “Baby Angel,” the infant whose body was found in an Elmsford recycling center, was in court Wednesday, May 28, for a hearing before her trial, according to News 12 Westchester.
Maria Guaman-Guaman, an Ecuadorean immigrant, is accused of strangling the baby boy she gave birth to in November and then dumping his body in a trash can in Spring Valley.
Guaman-Guaman’s lawyer says says he'll introduce a psychiatric defense for her.
Guaman-Guaman will undergo psychiatric exams before her June 11 court date.
- 1 Greenburgh Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 2 Elmsford, Greenburgh-Graham Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 3 Better Safe Than Sorry? Many Hidden 'Costs' To Preparing For Storm
- 4 Greenburgh Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell