EDGEMONT, N.Y. -- Police officers, representatives of the fire department and the Edgemont school superintendent and residents recently met to discuss improvements to Ardsley Road, after residents expressed concerns of children's safety.
Here is a summary of what the Police Department will be doing to address some of the concerns raised during this morning’s meeting:
• Drafting resolutions immediately recommending the installation of No Parking Signs from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. school days on Seely Place and Henry Street.
• Placing car counters on Seely and Henry to gauge the traffic volume and speed.
• After the data is analyzed, officials will be recommending to the school district that it incorporates a second student drop-off location on Henry Street.
• Considering installing a crosswalk in front of the church on Ardsley Road.
• Looking into grants for sidewalks.
• Installing an electronic speed sign (same as Old Army Road) on Ardsley Road this week.
There will be a follow-up meeting scheduled with the school administration on Monday, Sept. 22.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.