GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenburgh, Edgemont, and Hartsdale this week:
- An Elmsford man was arrested and charged with attempted murder and other charges a day after officers responded to a report of shots fired on Payne Street in Greenburgh .
- Village of Elmsford voters re-elected Deputy Mayor Edward Rush and Raymond Cordi to the Village Board of Trustees for two-year terms Tuesday.
- Greenburgh Town Clerk Judith A. Beville was elected New York state chair of the Democratic Municipal Officials.
- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway .
- The Westchester County bomb squad was called to a Tarrytown home on Sunday, March 16 after a grenade was found in the basement of a home on Cottontail Lane, according to News 12 Westchester.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.