ELMSFORD, N.Y. -- The Village of Elmsford recognized local World Seido Karate for being named 2014 "Westchester's Best" karate school for kids by Westchester magazine.
The Village Board of Trustees and Mayor Robert Williams honored the school and owner Johshin Honzan at a meeting on on Aug. 6 and declared the day "World Karate Day" in the village.
Seido Karate is a traditional Japanese style of karate dedicated to developing physical, mental and spiritual strength.
World Seido Karate is at 1 Parkway Plaza in Elmsford.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Contractor Fined $9,600 Over Safety Issues At Hartsdale's Maria Regina HS
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Surveillance Video Released In Yonkers Bank Robbery Case