WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery center will run on a reduced scheduled next week, County Executive Robert Astorino announced Friday.
The recovery center, stationed at the Westchester County Center, will remain open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, as it has been since Nov. 8. However, due to scheduled events at the county center next week, the center will be open:
- Monday, Nov. 19: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 20: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 21: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 22: closed for Thanksgiving
- Friday, Nov. 23: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
“The center will remain open indefinitely until we are sure that everyone who needs help has received it,” Astorino said.
The center was set up to provide residents with information about FEMA disaster assistance and other aid available to victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Residents who need emergency food stamps may also apply for that assistance at the recovery center, or at four branch offices of the Department of Social Services.
FEMA strongly advises people to register online before visiting the disaster center.
The County Center is located at 198 Central Ave. in White Plains, adjacent to the Bronx River Parkway.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 3 Elmsford Re-Dedicates Its Updated Emergency Operations Center
- 4 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 5 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne