GREENBURGH, N.Y. A fire on the back porch of the Westchester Hills Condominium Complex Sunday morning was caused by a poorly-discarded cigarette, Greenburgh police said.
Just after 7 a.m., Greenburgh Police Officer David Wagman arrived at the complex at 814 Old Country Rd., Elmsford. He blasted the flames with a fire extinguisher before going door to door, asking all residents to go to safer ground.
The Elmsford Volunteer Fire Department arrived and finished extinguishing the flames. The Greenburgh Police Paramedics treated two residents and Wagman for smoke-related issues. No hospitalization was required.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.