UPDATE: 10:20 a.m. - The Greenburgh Public Library will remain closed on Friday and will most likely be closed on Saturday due to ongoing heating issues, according to Library Director Eugenie Contrata.
GREENBURGH, N.Y. — The Greenburgh Public Library closed at 1 p.m. Thursday due to inadequate heat in the building, according to the library's website.
The Department of Public Works is working to have the system repaired. A part necessary for the heating system's repair still needs to be delivered, department workers told Assistant to the Library Director Cory Deitchman.
Library staff will decide before 10 a.m. Friday whether the library is suitable to re-open, Deitchman said.
The library had been struggling with heating issues the past three weeks, Deitchman added, and was able to manage up until Thursday when wind and 20-degree temperatures created a RealFeel of (minus)-2 degrees in Elmsford.
"For the last three weeks we've had a heating problem, particularly in the children's library," Deitchman said. "We've been managing, but now that it's really cold we can't manage anymore."
- 1 'Today' Show Interview With Ellen Brody's Daughters Postponed Until Tuesday
- 2 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 5 Snow Could Return To Greenburgh For Monday Morning Commute