GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenburgh, Edgemont and Hartsdale last week:
- The Greenburgh Street Crime Unit charged James Garrison, 41, of Elmsford, with criminal possession of a controlled substance after searching his residence on Friday, July 11.
- Westchester County residents were stunned by the news that a Malaysian airliner was shot down over the Russian-Ukraine border Thursday.
- Greenburgh police reported on Sunday, July 13, that two Mount Vernon men have been accused of kidnapping a woman who advertised escort services online and taking her from Queens to an Elmsford hotel.
- Con Edison told Greenburgh Supervisor Paul Feiner Wednesday that it is planning to terminate a lease where the Westchester Police Revolver and Rifle League has its range in Ardsley, Feiner said.
- 1 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director