GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenburgh, Edgemont, and Hartsdale this week:
- The best chili, ribs, wings and desserts were consumed and rated by willing judges last week at the fourth annual Greenburgh Taste Off contest.
- The Westchester County Health Department handed out free fathead minnows to residents on Friday, May 2 and Saturday, May 3 to help prevent ornamental ponds from becoming breeding sites for mosquitoes that can carry West Nile Virus.
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47, were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute between the couple at their New Canaan home.
- A Tarrytown man is facing life in prison after pleading guilty to murder in relation to a Yonkers stabbing last year.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Argument Leads To Stabbing At Galleria In White Plains
- 5 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court