GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenburgh, Edgemont, and Hartsdale this week:
- Greenburgh town purchased a pair of "BigBelly" solar-powered trash compactors to be placed on East Hartsdale Avenue that are expected to save the town thousands in waste removal.
- A woman was found dead after gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street in Tarrytown. The woman was identified as Karen Brown, 45, of Tarrytown. Police do not suspect any foul play and are still investigating.
- Elaine and Jim Jensen of Elmsford joined CERT to help those still affected by Superstorm Sandy.
- The Republicans and Democrats continue to have it out down in the nation’s capital, Westchester County residents continue to be shut out of St. Paul’s Church in Mount Vernon.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Lockdown Lifted At Woodlands School After Anonymous Threat
- 3 Elmsford Man Killed On Saw Mill Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 4 IRS Warns Greenburgh Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School