GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenburgh, Edgemont, and Hartsdale this week:
- Greenburgh town purchased a pair of "BigBelly" solar-powered trash compactors to be placed on East Hartsdale Avenue that are expected to save the town thousands in waste removal.
- A woman was found dead after gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street in Tarrytown. The woman was identified as Karen Brown, 45, of Tarrytown. Police do not suspect any foul play and are still investigating.
- Elaine and Jim Jensen of Elmsford joined CERT to help those still affected by Superstorm Sandy.
- The Republicans and Democrats continue to have it out down in the nation’s capital, Westchester County residents continue to be shut out of St. Paul’s Church in Mount Vernon.
- 1 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Greenburgh Skies Sunday
- 4 Greeburgh Celebrates Halloween At Spooktoberfest
- 5 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale