GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh drivers could continue seeing traffic and possible lane closures on Knollwood Road through Thursday as Con Edison workers make repairs following a gas main leak.
The leak, which began on Jan. 13, forced Con Edison workers to rip holes through Knollwood Road near the Grasslands Road intersection throughout the weekend. Repair work on the pipe and road could continue to create periodic lane closures until it's finished Thursday morning, said Con Edison Media Relations Assistant Director Chris Olert.
While the leak has also affected a few residents in the area, Olert said they are "interruptible customers," meaning they had the ability to revert to oil use during repair days.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 3 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 4 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester