GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh drivers could continue seeing traffic and possible lane closures on Knollwood Road through Thursday as Con Edison workers make repairs following a gas main leak.
The leak, which began on Jan. 13, forced Con Edison workers to rip holes through Knollwood Road near the Grasslands Road intersection throughout the weekend. Repair work on the pipe and road could continue to create periodic lane closures until it's finished Thursday morning, said Con Edison Media Relations Assistant Director Chris Olert.
While the leak has also affected a few residents in the area, Olert said they are "interruptible customers," meaning they had the ability to revert to oil use during repair days.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 3 Elmsford Re-Dedicates Its Updated Emergency Operations Center
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Greenburgh Police Seek Suspect In Bank Robbery Attempt