WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The Powerball drawing Wednesday produced four $1 million winners in New York, one of whom bought the ticket at the Corner Store in Larchmont.
Rakesh Patel of White Plains is the owner of the Corner Store, 1906 Palmer Ave. A friend texted him Thursday morning to tell him his store had sold one of the four winning tickets that matched five of the six Powerball numbers to win $1 million. Thursday, Patel said about 50 people had asked him about the ticket.
“I’m happy that we had the ticket,” Patel said.
Two tickets in the multistate lottery matched all six numbers, and their owners will split the biggest Powerball jackpot ever, $550 million.
The numbers drawn Wednesday night are 5, 16, 22, 23, 29. The Powerball number is 6. The odds of matching all five base numbers, but not the Powerball number, and winning $1 million are 1 in 5,153,632.65, according to the Powerball website.
- 1 Greenburgh Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Greenburgh Is About To Lose Some Greenery Due To New Home Construction
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenburgh
- 4 Hartsdale Man Charged With Unlawfully Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Academy Holds Graduation For New Fairview, Hartsdale Firefighters