CARMEL, N.Y. -- George Galgano, the attorney for Mahopac restaurant owner Lani "Ariano" Zaimi, who faces sex charges, was charged with bribery and witness tampering on Thursday, according to LoHud.com.
Galgano, 41, a Purchase resident who practices in Greenburgh, was released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned at Putnam County Court on Thursday, according to the report.
Zaimi, owner of Ariano’s Restaurant, is accused of raping an 18-year-old waitress. He denies the allegation through the lawsuit, saying the sex was consensual. The charges against Galgano are related to his dealings with the woman, LoHud.com reported.
Zaimi is seeking $130 million in a lawsuit against Putnam County District Attorney Adam Levy, an assistant district attorney and the Carmel Police Department.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Purchase-SUNY Adds Masters Program That Combines Arts, Entrepreneurship
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester