CARMEL, N.Y. -- George Galgano, the attorney for Mahopac restaurant owner Lani "Ariano" Zaimi, who faces sex charges, was charged with bribery and witness tampering on Thursday, according to LoHud.com.
Galgano, 41, a Purchase resident who practices in Greenburgh, was released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned at Putnam County Court on Thursday, according to the report.
Zaimi, owner of Ariano’s Restaurant, is accused of raping an 18-year-old waitress. He denies the allegation through the lawsuit, saying the sex was consensual. The charges against Galgano are related to his dealings with the woman, LoHud.com reported.
Zaimi is seeking $130 million in a lawsuit against Putnam County District Attorney Adam Levy, an assistant district attorney and the Carmel Police Department.
- 1 Woodlands Principal Has Been Reassigned, Report Says
- 2 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Greenburgh Skies Sunday
- 4 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 5 Greenburgh Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend