ELMSFORD, N.Y. -- A New Jersey man was arrested Monday on a drunk-driving charge after he drove the wrong way on the Saw Mill River Parkway and collided with another car.
According to Westchester County Police, Samir Mahmud, 32, of Englewood, N.J., was charged with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving, misdemeanors, following the crash, which occurred about 5 a.m. on the parkway at Route 119 in Elmsford.
Westchester County Police received a 911 call about 5 a.m. from a motorist who reported that a black BMW was driving northbound in the southbound lanes of the parkway north of Ashford Avenue in Dobbs Ferry. An officer who responded came upon a two-car collision that had just occurred.
Kieran O’Leary, County Police public public information officer said in a new release that neither Mahmud nor the driver of the other vehicle was seriously injured.
The other driver was taken to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Mahmud, who was also issued a summons for traveling the wrong way on the parkway, was arraigned this morning in Irvington Village Court. He was released pending an Aug. 14 appearance in Elmsford Village Court.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Contractor Fined $9,600 Over Safety Issues At Hartsdale's Maria Regina HS
- 4 Former Ardsley Student Zuckerberg Among Billionaires Who Gained Most
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester