WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Harrison resident and Fordham Prep High School pole vaulter James Deutmeyer set school, league, venue and state records Saturday. May 17, during the Catholic High School Athletic Association Championships at Icahn Stadium in New York City.
Deutmeyer, who made a jump of 16-feet, 5-inches to break his own school record, the Randall's Island Ichan Stadium Record and Catholic High Schools Athletic Association's state record.
The record-breaking jump was followed by attempts at the height of 16-9, the New York State Federation --public, parochial, private and New York City schools -- record.
Duetmeyer, a senior, is headed for Villanova University in the fall where he will continue his pole vaulting career.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Greenburgh; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Greenburgh, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Greenburgh Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 4 Elmsford, Greenburgh-Graham Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow