WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Harrison resident and Fordham Prep High School pole vaulter James Deutmeyer set school, league, venue and state records Saturday. May 17, during the Catholic High School Athletic Association Championships at Icahn Stadium in New York City.
Deutmeyer, who made a jump of 16-feet, 5-inches to break his own school record, the Randall's Island Ichan Stadium Record and Catholic High Schools Athletic Association's state record.
The record-breaking jump was followed by attempts at the height of 16-9, the New York State Federation --public, parochial, private and New York City schools -- record.
Duetmeyer, a senior, is headed for Villanova University in the fall where he will continue his pole vaulting career.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Former Ardsley Student Zuckerberg Among Billionaires Who Gained Most
- 4 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 5 Contractor Fined $9,600 Over Safety Issues At Hartsdale's Maria Regina HS