SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Popham Road Bridge will be closed until 6 a.m. Monday after a concrete pour that was scheduled last week got postponed due to Hurricane Sandy.
The pour is scheduled from 9 a.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday, closing the bridge to vehicular traffic. Contracts will be pouring the concrete deck for the middle section of the bridge, which will allow enough time for the concrete to cure.
Westbound Popham Road traffic will be detoured south on Scarsdale Avenue west to Harney Road and north to Garth Road, back to Popham. Eastbound traffic will be detoured south onto Garth Road, then east to Harney Road and north on Scarsdale Avenue back to Popham Road.
On Monday and Tuesday, the Depot Place parking garage will be unavailable from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Vehicles will not be able to enter or leave Depot Place during milling and paving work on the bridge.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Dobbs Ferry Actor/Director, 51, Charged With Possession Of Child Porn
- 3 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer