WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Motorists are advised that ongoing bridge work will close the northbound Bronx River Parkway starting on Friday, July 25 and continuing weekdays through Friday, Aug. 1 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains.
A breakdown of closures follows:
- All northbound Bronx River Parkway traffic in Yonkers (six lane section of the parkway) will be detoured onto the Sprain Brook Parkway, then to Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
- Local traffic will have access to the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road): Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive.
- Local northbound parkway traffic will be detoured at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway and re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
- Northbound parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
Electronic message signs will be used to alert motorists.
These closures are necessary to install concrete finishing machines and place one of the pier’s concrete decking with related work as part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project on the Bronx River Parkway.
For additional information, call Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at
- 1 Former Ardsley Student Zuckerberg Among Billionaires Who Gained Most
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenburgh
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Theft At Greenburgh Multiplex Among Calls Handled By Town Police