HARTSDALE, N.Y. -- Five residents who were evacuated from a Hartsdale condominium complex following the report of a gas leak Monday morning were allowed back inside at around 3:45 p.m.
Greenburgh Police Lt. Brian Ryan said the cause of the gas leak was a gas main line that was ruptured by a private contractor excavating in the area.
Con Edison is still on the scene completing repairs at 170 Pinewood Road. Con Edison, Greenburgh police and the Hartsdale Fire Department responded to the garden-style units following a call from a resident at 11:18 a.m. of a gas odor.
"We were able to get to the scene pretty quickly," Ryan said.
As a precaution, residents living at 170 and 180 Pinewood Road were asked to evacuate while Con Edison investigated the source of the odor. No injuries were reported.
Police blocked off the area from Dalewood to Fieldstone, which is off of Central Avenue, while Con Edison worked to correct the problem.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.