GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Friday's storm that could dump up to a foot of snow onto Greenburgh has led to the cancellation of several weekend events.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for Friday. Greenburgh Police Chief Joe DeCarlo announced that the Theodore D. Young Community Center will be open as a warming center or temporary shelter if necessary.
Icy and snow-covered conditions have been reported on Route 9A and the Bronx River Parkway, according to the New York State Department of Transportation. Traveling on the roads should be done only if it is an emergency, DeCarlo said.
The storm has affected the following events in Greenburgh:
The Greenburgh Public Library has canceled the event "On Food and Cooking."
The Greenburgh Parks and Recreation Department has announced the following cancellations:
- The Parent-Child Valentine's Dance on Friday has been canceled.
- The Mad Science program on Saturday has been canceled.
- The youth basketball clinic and basketball league on Saturday is canceled.
- Tai-Chi/QiGong classes are canceled.
- Senior Nutrition Sites in the Theodore D. Young Community Center are closed on Friday.
- The Home Delivered Meals program is closed Friday.
- The Community Awareness program is closed Saturday.
Greenburgh Nutrition Program Coordinator Lynda Maranino noted that participants from Thursday night's Senior Nutrition and Home Delivered Meals programs were given two meals in anticipation of Friday's storm.
David Cassidy's Friday show at the Tarrytown Music Hall has been canceled. Ticket holders will receive a full refund.
Westchester Broadway Theatre has canceled its "In the Heights" showing for Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday performances will proceed as scheduled.
The Choral Ensemble Dinner Theatre of Maria Regina High School has postponed its Friday and Saturday events until March 8 and 9.
The Greenburgh Nature Center's annual members' brunch and meeting on Sunday has been canceled.
All athletic events and after-school activities in Greenburgh Central 7, Edgemont and Elmsford school districts scheduled for Friday have been canceled.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Argument Leads To Stabbing At Galleria Mall
- 3 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 4 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Greenburgh