GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The New York State Thruway Authority will close three northobund lanes of I-87/287 on Thursday, Dec. 11 from 8 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 12 to facilitate paving.
Two lanes near Exit 9 in Tarrytown will be taken out of service at 8 p.m., followed by a third lane at 10:30 p.m. One lane will remain open at all times.
The work also will require the closure of the southbound exit 9 off-ramp from 10 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 11 to 4:30 a.m., Friday, Dec. 12.
Motorists will be directed through the following detour:
- Exit onto the exit 8A off-ramp;
- At the end of the long ramp, turn right on westbound Route 119/White Plains Road;
- Enter westbound I-287, which merges with northbound I-87;
- Exit onto the exit 9 off-ramp;
- Turn left onto westbound Route 119/White Plains Road; and
- Turn left or right on Route 9, depending on destination.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.