GREENBURH, N.Y. From food festivals to hoe downs, here is whats happening in Greenburgh this weekend.
- County Western How Down, Main Street School in Irvington, 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Do-si-do down to this western style how down for a night of dancing, fun and refreshments hosted by the Irvington Girl Scouts. Tickets are $5 available at Irvington Hardware or by visiting irvingtongirlscouts.com
- A presentation of Grease, Sleepy Hollow High School, 7:30 p.m. The Sleepy Hollow Players present a performance of the classic show Grease, a 1950s rock n roll musical. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors.
- Feeding fun, Greenburgh Nature Center, 11 a.m. It's mealtime in the live animal museum. Go see what's on the menu. All programs are per person and include admission to indoor exhibits and animal museum. Admittance closes 15 minutes after the start of the program. Free for members.
- Would You, Could You Celebrate Here? A celebration of Dr. Seuss birthday, Greenburgh Public Library, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Come and enjoy a story, a snack and some simply spectacular silliness. Come dressed in your best birthday green and feast on some lovely green treats. To register visit or call the library at 914-721-8227. The event is open to Greenburgh Library cardholders only.
- "March Madness Show baseball card show, Westchester County Center, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hosted by JP's Sports and Rock Solid Promotions. Come check out the latest and best in sports cards and memorabilia. Get you card framed or autograph authenticated. Kids under 12 get a free pack of cards. Tickets are $7. Children under 12 get in free.
- The International Food Tasting Festival - Golden Apple Gala, Westchester County Center 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. The one-day event that gives restaurants throughout Westchester County the rare opportunity to "meet and greet" hundreds of potentially new customers. But, most of all, they get to show off their food and what makes their restaurant so special. Attendees will be able to sample food, gather information from each restaurant of interest and eventually vote for their favorite. There will be live music, cooking demonstrations, eating competitions and much more.
- Indoor farmers' market, Westchester County Center, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The indoor farmers market will feature fresh produce, baked goods, cheeses, meats, wines and more grown and produced by New York State farmers along with live entertainment. Admission is free.
Do you have an event you'd like to publicize? Visit our events page and add your event to our calendar.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.