GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open or closed in Greenburgh, Edgemont and Hartsdale.
- Greenburg and Edgemont Public Schools will be closed.
- The Greenburgh Public Library will be closed.
- Greenburgh Town Hall and all local government offices will be closed.
- Most banks will be closed, but call your branch ahead of time to be sure.
- Post Office branches will be closed.
- All state offices and courthouses will be closed.
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown will be closed.
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North will run on a regular weekday schedule.