WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Saungi McCalla, director of infection control at White Plains Hospital, was recently given a leadership award by the National Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) for her achievements in developing members and advancing APIC during the annual conference in Anaheim, Calif.
McCalla is responsible for infection control and prevention at the 292-bed hospital, where she oversees many initiatives including hand hygiene compliance.
In the first quarter of 2014, the hospital had a hand hygiene compliance rate among employees and physicians of 100 percent due to rigorous efforts under McCalla’s leadership to re-educate staff about the importance of hand hygiene in the health care setting.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 Greenburgh Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired Near Local Residence
- 2 Elmsford Paramedics, Greenburgh Police Assist Mail Carrier
- 3 Greenburgh Police Charge Two In Drive-By Shooting
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Greenburgh
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show