WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Irene Ganson, a White Plains and Greenburgh resident, died May 18. She was 91.
Ganson was born July 2, 1922, in Lancaster, S.C., to Richard and RosaBelle (Stark) Barns. She was a longtime resident of White Plains and Greenburgh. She worked for the New Rochelle Woman Spa Club for 40 years, before retiring in 1989.
Ganson is survived by her son, Clarence (Patricia) Thrower of White Plains; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a niece and her children. She was predeceased by her son, John Ganson; and sister, Mabel Harvey.
Calling hours are Friday, May 23 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Funeral Service will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, May 23 at the funeral home. Interment will be private.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Dobbs Ferry, Hastings, Ardsley Among 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Man Charged With DWI Following Wrong Way Crash In Greenburgh
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters