ELMSFORD, N.Y. - John Ferrara of Elmsford died April 6. He was 96.
Ferrara was born March 12, 1917, in the Bronx. He moved with his wife to Elmsford in 1956. He went into the car business in 1954 as general manager of Stevens Buick in Yonkers. In 1960, he went to Cadillac Motor Car Division, retiring in 1981.
Ferrara is survived by his sons, John (Joann) and Raymond (Connie); three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Mildred Mastandrea.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. May 3 at Holy Rosary Church, 170 Bradhurst Ave., Hawthorne, NY 10532. Interment to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Cabrini Nursing Home, Dobbs Ferry in Ferrara's memory.
- 1 Unexpected Fireworks Prompt Greenburgh Residents To Fear Attack
- 2 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Special Delivery Outside Elmsford Restaurant: A Baby Boy
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says