ELMSFORD, N.Y. - John Ferrara of Elmsford died April 6. He was 96.
Ferrara was born March 12, 1917, in the Bronx. He moved with his wife to Elmsford in 1956. He went into the car business in 1954 as general manager of Stevens Buick in Yonkers. In 1960, he went to Cadillac Motor Car Division, retiring in 1981.
Ferrara is survived by his sons, John (Joann) and Raymond (Connie); three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Mildred Mastandrea.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. May 3 at Holy Rosary Church, 170 Bradhurst Ave., Hawthorne, NY 10532. Interment to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Cabrini Nursing Home, Dobbs Ferry in Ferrara's memory.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate