PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Mary (Maria Pignataro) LiMarzi of Port Chester died Saturday, July 26. She was 93.
LiMarzi was born Nov. 1, 1920, in the Village of Acri in the Calabria Region of Italy. In 1930, she emigrated with her family to join relatives in Port Chester. She was apprenticed to a dressmaker while she completed high school and became an able seamstress in her own right. She did specialty work at her husband's business, Steve's Shoe Repairing in Hartsdale.
LiMarzi is survived by her son, John (Helen), formerly of Mahopac and now Sarasota, Fla., Linda (Horn) (Ron) of West Suffield, Conn., Joseph (Anja) of Dingmans Ferry, Pa., and Robert of Port Chester; four grandchildren; a great-grandchild; brother, Angelo Pignataro; and sister, Jeanette. Mary (Stephen) LiMarzi. She was predeceased by her husband, Stephen LiMarzi.
A private service will be held for immediate family only.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Former Ardsley Student Zuckerberg Among Billionaires Who Gained Most
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenburgh
- 4 Elmsford, Greenburgh Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys