HARTSDALE, N.Y. - Sandra DeCicco of Hartsdale died March 17. She was 46.
DeCicco was born in the Bronx to Giuseppe and Maria Ferrari. She was a teacher at PS 108 in the Bronx for the past 25 years. She was a reading interventionist and RTI specialist, was a mentor to new teachers and was the chairperson of the PS 108 Social Committee.
DeCicco was a parishioner of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church and was a member of the CYO basketball organization and Ardsley Little League.
DeCicco is survived by her husband, Frank; children, Stephanie, Anthony and Daniela; father, Giuseppe Ferrari; sister, Christina (Gerard) O'Callaghan; aunt and cousin.
Visiting hours are Wednesday March 20 and Thursday March 21 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home, 64 Ashford Ave., Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated Friday 10 a.m. at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, 535 Ashford Ave., Ardsley, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Sandy's Kids Trust, 90 Joyce Road, Hartsdale, NY 10530.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Greenburgh Crash ID'd
- 2 Greenburgh Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenburgh
- 5 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop