YONKERS, N.Y. - Sr. Winifred O'Toole, SC, of Yonkers, died May 12. She was 82.
Sr. O’Toole entered the Sisters of Charity Sept. 8, 1952. She taught at Immaculate Heart of Mary School in Scarsdale, St. John the Evangelist, Manhattan, St. Mary, Wappingers Falls; St. Joachim, Beacon; St. Athanasius and St. Gabriel, Bronx; Our Lady of Mercy, Port Chester; St. Francis of Assisi, Mt. Kisco and St. John, White Plains. She also taught Special Education at St. Patrick School, Bedford Village; St. Gabriel and St. Margaret of Cortona, Bronx. She directed the Learning Center at Sacred Heart School in Hartsdale. She retired in 2003 to Mount St. Vincent Convent and used her talents there in many volunteer services. She was transferred to the Convent of Mary the Queen in Yonkers.
Sr. O’Toole is survived by her nieces and nephew and their families.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 15 from 3 to 8 p.m. with a Vigil Service at 6:30 p.m. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated Friday, May 16 at 10 a.m. Both will be at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, Riverdale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Sisters of Charity of New York, 6301 Riverdale Avenue, Bronx, 10471.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 2 Lockdown Lifted At Woodlands School After Anonymous Threat
- 3 Elmsford Man Killed On Saw Mill Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 4 IRS Warns Greenburgh Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Saw Mill Parkway Accident In Dobbs Ferry