GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh police reported a series of thefts in one day at three different Greenburgh businesses, CVS, Loehmann's and KMart.
Police arrived at CVS, 983 S. Central Ave., at 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 13 when a store manager reported that a woman had removed $90 worth of medicine bottles containing the weight-loss supplement Hydroxycut from their boxes and left without paying, police said. The woman had left by the time police arrived and they were not able to find her.
Another attempted robbery was reported at 4 p.m. at Loehmann's, 29 Tarrytown Road. Yolanda Thomas-Steele, 44, of Mount Vernon, was apprehended by Loehmann's security officials and accused of trying to steal two stolen bottles of perfume worth $130, police said. Police charged Thomas-Steele with petit larceny, a misdemeanor.
Around 9 p.m., 56-year-old Kim Zinzal of Yonkers was charged with petit larceny after being accused of attempting to steal $160 worth of various merchandise and conceal it in her purse at KMart, 399 Tarrytown Road. KMart employees apprehended Zinzal before she was able to leave and held her at the security office until police arrived.
The following incidents were also reported by Greenburgh police:
- Driving While Intoxicated: Police charged a 41-year-old Scarsdale man with speeding and driving under the influence of alcohol at 2 a.m., Friday, on South Central Avenue. The man also refused to take a Breathalyzer test after police pulled him over for speeding and smelled alcohol on his breath.
- Suspicious Incident: Police received a call at 2 p.m., Monday, that a man was trying to break into a car at a Scarsdale parking lot, 855 S. Central Ave. Upon arrival, police were not able to find the suspect.
- Petit Larceny: A Greenburgh woman told police that sneakers worth $500 were stolen from the doorstep of her apartment at Tarryhill Way after they were delivered by the postal service. The postal worker left the shoes outside her door around noon on Wednesday. Eight parties living in the apartment all have keys to the area, police said. There are no witnesses and no suspects, police said.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 3 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 4 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester