GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh police are searching for a man who entered a restaurant and stole a fundraising jar for a student's college fund off the countertop.
The man entered the Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery and Grill, 178 Fulton St., at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 28 and ordered a meal. When the employee turned around to place the order, the man grabbed the jar and ran off, police said. About $100 was in the jar, according to the police report.
The man, who was described as about 25 years old, was last seen traveling north on Fulton Street, where he jumped into a black car. Police are still investigating the incident.
The following incidents also were reported by Greenburgh police:
- Marijuana Possession and Resisting Arrest: Andre Garcia, 33, of Greenburgh was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, and resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, after he was pulled over at 5:45 p.m. Friday and refused to get out of his car, police said. When police opened the door and attempted to pull Garcia out, he put his foot in the door jamb and refused to get out, police said. After his arrest, Garcia yelled, pushed and attempted to kick police, according to the report.
- Suspicious Incident: A Maria Regina High School teacher reported seeing a suspicious man in the school's parking lot at noon Thursday, Jan. 31. The teacher told police that the man appeared to be 40 to 50 years old and said he was at the school for a presentation. There were no meetings or presentations scheduled for Thursday, the teacher told police. The man was also seen by the custodian walking toward the front door of the school with a briefcase, but he did not enter the building. The man's vehicle had New Jersey license plates.
- Grand Larceny: Two women were seen on video surveillance taking 32 packages of Frontline Flea Control, worth $2,890, from Choice Pet Supply, 385 N. Central Ave., in Hartsdale, police said. The video is dated 8 p.m. Jan. 14, and the theft was reported to police at 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1.
- 1 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 2 Greenburgh Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Greenburgh Is About To Lose Some Greenery Due To New Home Construction
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenburgh
- 5 Hartsdale Man Charged With Unlawfully Collecting Unemployment Benefits