GREENBURGH, N.Y. ‒ A tank truck driver carrying fuel to Westchester County gas stations reported to Greenburgh police that he was threatened on two occasions while making deliveries.
The driver said that at 6 a.m. Nov. 6, he drove to the Mobil station at 280 Saw Mill River Road in Elmsford to deliver fuel. A man drove his car in front of the tanker, blocking its access to deliver the fuel, police said.
When the truck driver confronted the man, he got angry and grabbed what looked like a tire iron or small ax and threatened the truck driver. The Mobil clerk immediately dialed 911, and the man left.
The driver told police it was the second threat received by the company's tank trucker drivers. The first threat was not reported, police said.
The following incidents were also reported by the Greenburgh Police Department:
• An Ossining woman told police on Nov. 5 that someone smashed the windows of her car and stole her purse containing $5,000 worth of church donation checks and cash.
The woman said she was going to deposit the money, but discovered the break-in at 7 p.m. when she returned to the parking lot of the Skating Academy, 91 Fairview Park Drive in Elmsford.
• A Greenburgh man reported to police on Nov. 5 that the rear windshield of his car had been shattered outside his house on Manhattan Avenue.
The car was parked in the spot all day and the man's neighbor informed him of the damage, police said.
• Police responded to an incident Monday involving an Ardsley man who said someone had stolen equipment from the yard at his business.
At least $600 worth of items were taken sometime over the weekend from the yard, where the business kept trucks and landscaping equipment, police said. Tools and a GPS system were among some of the items taken at the Saw Mill River Road business, police said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenburgh
- 5 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court