GREENBURGH, N.Y. — A 48-year-old Bronx man was accused of trying to walk out of Best Buy on Jan. 26 with four stolen laptops in a black plastic bag, Greenburgh police reported.
Greenburgh police arrested Dwayne Castro for fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony, after a security guard told police he saw Castro try to leave the the Hartsdale Best Buy, 299 N. Central Ave., with four laptop computers worth more than a combined $900.
The security guard followed Castro and demanded the items back, and Castro gave him the bag of laptops and ran away, according to police reports.
Castro was followed by Best Buy staff as he ran north on Central Avenue until he was apprehended by Greenburgh police at the corner of Central Avenue and Cross Street, police said.
Greenburgh police also responded to the the following incidents:
- Grand Larceny: A 70-year-old Scarsdale woman reported to police that her purse was stolen while she was shopping at A&P supermarket, 666 S. Central Road, at 5 p.m., Jan. 24. Several credit cards, a cell phone, car keys and $120 in cash was in the purse when it was stolen, according to police reports.
- Petit Larceny: Christina Gomez, 21, of New Haven, Conn., and Larissa Arabolos-Choplick, 22, of East Haven, were both charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, after K-Mart security told police he saw the two women take $720 worth of Crest whitening strips and try to leave the store, 399 Tarrytown Road, without paying on Jan. 21.
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property: Tyrone Carroll, 52, of White Plains, was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, a misdemeanor. Police stopped Carroll in his vehicle for traffic violations on Jan. 22 on Lamont Street in Elmsford, and the man's vehicle matched a suspect description for three metal filing cabinets and two bookcases stolen from Magnetic Analysis Corp. in Fairview Park.
- 1 Elmsford, Greenburgh Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenburgh
- 4 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester