GREENBURGH, N.Y. — A Bronx pair were charged with felonies after they stole a woman's credit cards in Scarsdale and bought hundreds of dollars worth of cigarettes with the cards an hour later, Greenburgh police said.
Nzinga P. Walker and Tyrone Jackson were each charged with two counts of fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, a felony.
Walker and Jackson stole a purse from a woman while she was shopping Dec. 9 at ShopRite, 1001 S. Central Ave., then entered a Walgreens at 850 S. Central Ave. and bought five cartons of Newport cigarettes costing $520, police said.
Jackson has 79 prior arrests and 19 prior felony convictions, police said. Walker has seven prior arrests and one misdemeanor conviction. The two were held at the Westchester County Jail, where they also received outstanding charges from other jurisdictions.
The woman's stolen purse contained two credit cards, $5 in cash and a check for $2,500 that was not cashed, police said. Each defendant made separate purchases for cigarettes — Jackson bought three cartons and Walker bought two, police added.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 3 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 4 Elmsford Re-Dedicates Its Updated Emergency Operations Center
- 5 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne